May 15, 2018
Submit Proposals for Annual Conference Sessions
“Strengthening Our Core Competencies” is the theme for the 2018 K-State Research and Extension Annual Conference scheduled for October 16 to 18.
To correspond with the theme, we are accepting proposals for 40-minute breakout session presentations for Wednesday, October 17. Submission deadline is June 5, 2018.
Proposals should address one of the selected K-State Research and Extension Core Competencies listed below:
• Diversity/Pluralism/Multiculturalism—the awareness, commitment, and ability to include your own cultural perspectives, assumptions, norms, beliefs, and values as well as those of others related to programming.
• Engagement—the ability to recognize, understand, and facilitate opportunities and to broker the necessary resources that best respond to the needs of individuals and communities.
• Information and Education Delivery—the mastery of communication skills (such as written and verbal), application of technology, and delivery methods for supporting educational programs and guiding behavior change among learners.
• Interpersonal Relations—the ability to successfully interact with diverse individuals and groups to create partnerships, networks, and dynamic human systems.
• Leadership—the ability to influence a wide range of diverse individuals and groups positively.
• Organizational Management—the ability to establish structure, organize processes, develop and monitor resources, and lead change to obtain educational outcomes effectively and efficiently.
• Professionalism—the demonstration of behaviors that reflect high levels of performance, a strong work ethic, and a commitment to continuing education and to the mission, vision, and goals of K-State Research and Extension.
• Volunteerism—focuses on volunteers to make a difference, including personal and organizational readiness and engagement, education and sustainability of volunteers.
To complete the proposal, you will need to provide:
• Primary contact for the session
• Full description of the session, with title
• Brief (50-word limit) description for the program
• Audiovisual needs
• Names of all presenters and their units/departments
Submission deadline is June 5, 2018.